Girl Talk #2: My period essentials


Oh no! It's that time of the month again. *facepalm*

In my first few years of being a teenager, my period was smooth sailing. It's as if it's just an ordinary day for me except I'm wearing a sanitary pad. It was in my junior high when dysmenorrhea starts to kick in most especially on my first day. It was so painful that I often get so dizzy and that I start having some cold sweats too. Whenever my menstrual cramps would get worse, I often find myself having a blurry eyesight. Yes, it was that bad. I remember this one time, in my high school, I asked a friend to accompany me to the school's clinic so that I could ask for a pain reliever. As soon as we get in there, I asked, "Do you have a pain reliever tablet I could take for my dysmenorrhea?" The school nurse handed me an ointment which I can rub and apply onto my abdominal area. And then, the doctor was so kind and accommodating enough to tell me, "But, that's not a reason for you to go home." (Of course, our conversation was in Filipino.) The heck, I was just asking for a medicine to take. I still get so pissed off whenever I remember that incident. Ugh, now my hormones are starting to act up! Haha.


Ever since high school, my family and close friends know how unwell and uncomfy I get when I'm on my period.

BUT WAIT...

Que horror no more!

I make sure to always have these 5 essentials with me.

1. Period underwear - Just when I'm lucky enough to know that I already have my period just before I leave the house, I make sure to wear my period underwear which has a built-in lining that provides a leak-proof protection. It serves as a back up for your sanitary pad which gives you an extra confidence to get through the day. You may check out my blog post about it by clicking HERE.

2. Wear a reliable sanitary pad + bring a few extras - Don't you just hate it when you leave a period stain on your sheets? All the more when you're at work or at school, or maybe in a restaurant and you suddenly felt like you have just stained your pants? *Hides like a turtle inside its shell* That's the worst thing that could happen to any girl, so we always have to make sure to wear sanitary pads that are not only dependable but as well as comfortable too. Good thing that Whisper now offers these new comfy, cottony pads which you can use during the day and night time.


DAYTIME
Whisper Cottony Clean with wings
Regular flow

PRICE: ₱37
POINTS NEEDED: 10


What do I love about it? I love its fresh and pleasant smell which is absolutely perfect to help fight the bad odor. It is infused with derma care lotion which helps protect my skin from irritation. It also has a soft cottony cover which gives my intimate area that gentle yet comfy texture. To be honest, now that I'm wearing it (TMI), it feels very thin and comfortable to wear that I don't actually feel like wearing any. It also doesn't feel thick and bulky at all. It also has anti-leak barriers for leakage protection from all sides, as well as some 'hug wings' which help secure the pad in place for superior leakage protection.


If you want to try it first, you may get your sample at http://www.sampleroom.ph/

NIGHT TIME
Whisper Cottony X-Long Overnight
XX Long 36cm

PRICE: ₱44
POINTS NEEDED: 15


For the regular overnight pads here in the country, it doesn't fully cover your entire bottom which leaves you a higher chance of getting stains. I have only tried the longer ones abroad, and I'm glad that we have an XX Long overnight pads available now from Whisper! I have first tried it last night and I get to sleep in any way I want as I'm confident that I won't have any back leaks throughout the entire night. It has a wider back for better coverage and anti-leak barriers similar to their Whisper Cottony Clean with wings. Its adhesive kept the pad secure and at its place the entire time.


It also has blue anti-leak channels will keep you worry free at night. #SleepGoals :)


I highly recommend these pads because it will surely keep you comfortable, odor-free, hassle-free, and most of all, worry-free during your period. Try yours now at www.sampleroom.ph/


3. Feminine hygiene necessities - These are what I usually have inside my bag, a tissue packet, wet wipes, feminine wipes, and a hand alcohol. Of course, when I'm just at home, I don't have to worry about washing my intimate area as I always have the access to the bathroom, and I can use my favorite feminine wash as much as I want. But when I'm not, I make sure to stay as hygienic as possible and have these always available inside my bag.

4. Pain reliever - Because you'll never know when you'll be needing one, with or without a period!

5. Sweets - Chocolates are definitely my most favorite comfort food. It helps me stay calm and get through the day! ♥

These are just what usually kept me worry and hassle-free during my period, but among all these, a reliable sanitary pad is what we should always invest in. Always settle for pads that make you feel comfortable and stain-free all day long. With Whisper Cottony pads, rest assured that you're secured and free from the embarrassment of having some huge stains! ;)


#AllDayNoCheck #SampleRoomForWhisper #SampleRoomPH


You may visit them on their website as well as in their social media accounts:

http://www.sampleroom.ph/


Facebook: /sampleroomph
Instagram: @sampleroomph



How do you keep your period worry-free?



Let me know in the comments!


xxx

Meanwhile, you can check out my previous posts too! ♥

BEAUTY: 
Filipino organic CC cushion and lippies (Click HERE)

FASHION: 
Fallin' for suede (Click HERE)

TRAVEL:
Organize packing with Travel Essentials PH (Click HERE)


LIFESTYLE:

A Filipino healthy chocolate drink (Click HERE)

Let me know in the comments!
Love,
Airish

Instagram: @airishabella | Facebook: @airishabellaa


Labels: , ,