A friendship that was built in Aspen


For some of you who may not know, I had a one-year internship in Aspen, Colorado back in 2014. I came there at the age of 19, knowing only two people from our batch. We have other schoolmates from DLS-CSB as well, but we didn't know them until we got there, of course. We also met other students from other La Sallian schools specifically from De La Salle Lipa and, University of St. La Salle in Bacolod.


So I met these two in Aspen and they're both from La Salle Lipa along with our other friends. (Not in the photo) At first, they thought we wouldn't get along. Yes, "they." I believe they have some not good impressions in mind for some people from the Metro before. And I cannot blame them for that. However, during the first time I met them, I already knew that we can make good friends. I believe that meeting someone for the first time, in a way you can already tell whether you would click together or not. And that time, I honestly wanted to be friends with them. I remember asking my roommates if we could go on the third floor and visit our Lipa friends in their apartment. We weren't close yet with them during that time, but for some reason, I just find myself being so persistent in making friends with them. Oo na, pinagsisiksikan ko na sarili ko sa kanila. Charot!

P.S. 'Charot' is actually one of the many Filipino gay lingo terms for "just kidding." :)

When we get to talk about these things now, they would admit that there were times when they would pretend they were all asleep so that we won't get to come in anymore. Yes, they were that rude. Hahahaha joke! I totally understand why they would have the need to do that and feel that way. I've got some friends who are from the province as well and they would tell me that they thought all people from the city are like this and that. So maybe that's one of the reasons why I didn't give up on them. Yes, pabida! "We could be heroes ♫" LOL



Here's some of our photos in Aspen. I'll be blogging about it soon! ♥






Kidding aside, I just can't explain how wonderful the feeling is for meeting some of your fellow countrymen on the other side of the world. Some of them were from Batangas, Laguna, Bacolod, and I'm from Metro Manila. I just find this simply astounding not being able to meet them in the Philippines and yet God has His ways of you meeting these people in a place where you didn't actually expect it to be.

Furthermore, being with these girls means I can be myself without any pretentions. In short, I am very comfortable being around them. Evidently because in a span of one year we were always together every single day. Since we were more than a thousand miles away from our families, we became a family there.



I am just truly happy that we still managed to keep that bond despite having a few months without seeing nor talking to each other. And I sincerely hope that we keep our friendship until the rest of our lives.


How about you guys, have you met any of your friends in the other side of the world too?
Let me know down below. :)

Labels: