Morning skin care routine


Three years ago, we had our family trip to Japan during winter time. For a person who's living in a tropical country like me, it was actually a shock to experience an extremely cold weather. At first, I was totally enjoying it and I didn't care how cold it was because I'm seizing the moment, not until my face started to dry out. It turned out really flaky and it honestly looks awful.

From then on, I started to look for good skin care products and it was actually my aunt who first offered and recommended me to use Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream (direct link to Nivea Philippines website). After you apply it on your face, it doesn't seem heavy at all. And for me, it's really effective in keeping your skin moisturized and soft.

After that trip, I started to pay more attention to my skin. I continued using this moisturizer along with two other products which I discovered from my mom. These are the VMV Armada face cover and Re-everything eye serum, both are from VMV Hypoallergenics. And if you're from the Philippines like me here's a direct link to their website: VMV Hypoallergenics Philippines.


I use these products every single day, most especially when I'm about to leave the house. I even use the eye serum even at night. I've never paid much attention to my skin before but it's never too late to give them care and attention. Besides, I'm still young and you know what they say. It's always a good thing to take care of your skin at an early age because skin aging is like a disease, you really can't tell when it will occur. And I've even read once that you may not really notice much big of a difference to your skin as of the moment but after a few years, you surely will. So might as well start preventing those fine lines or even melasma from appearing now.

For the Armada Face Cover, I usually buy the ones with SPF60 because of course, it has a higher coverage than this one. But I guess this one's good for me as well since I'm not that being exposed to the sun much lately. I know that some of you might be thinking that sunscreen protection is only for people with fair skin or those who wants to maintain their skin color. But, no. I used to think that way too, but hey that's not the issue here. Wearing sunscreen protection is a way of protecting your skin from, of course, the sun, and not to mention other skin problems such as melasma which you may get especially from long exposures to the sun.


Also, you can wear sunscreen even indoors to protect your skin from too much light, and when you're into cooking, direct heat can also damage your skin. Lastly, sunblock is not only to be used under the sun nor in tropical areas alone but also in places with cold to extreme temperature to keep your skin healthy still.

And then last Christmas, I got to receive these babies from my sister. It was from The Body Shop Philippines and it actually comes with two other products which I, unfortunately, ran out of anymore. Those are the Seaweed clarifying toner and Seaweed clarifying night treatment. These are honestly the best! I believe they really did a great job on my skin and when applying them, it doesn't feel heavy at all. So right now these two are the only ones left I have which are Seaweed deep cleansing facial wash along with the Seaweed mattifying day cream. These products not only smell so good but they also keep my face feeling refreshed and soft at the same time.


A few months ago, I've watched Michelle Phan's video about different organic oils which you can safely use on your skin and one of them is grapeseed oil. Then a week ago, I received this organic grapeseed oil from Zivine Organics. I was actually thrilled to finally have an organic skincare product to try on, not to mention that it's a 100% organic. I mean, how great is that?


And so, I've been using this for a week now and I can tell that it's doing wonders for my skin. At first, when I applied it on my face, it was a bit itchy because aside from having a sensitive skin, I believe it's a way of my skin reacting and saying, "hey, what's this product you're trying again?" You know that feeling when you try wearing your new shoes on and it hurts for the first few times until your feet finally get to adapt with it. I believe it's the same thing with trying on new skincare products, especially on your face.

On the third day of using this, my skin finally gets used to it. Yay! I can tell that it really moisturizes my face and leaves it soft the whole day. Moreover, it is always a good thing to replace your skincare products with something organic once in a while. Or you can even use them both at the same time, it definitely  does a miracle on your skin.


Not only it keeps your face moisturized but also helps in getting rid of some skin problems such as oily skin, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, dark spots, pimple marks, freckles, large skin pores, dry & dull skin, rough skin, dark under eye circles, eye bags, fine lines, wrinkles, dark elbows & knees, dark underarms & bikini areas, dark skin tone, dark lips, stretch marks, spider legs, varicose veins, cracked heels, dandruff and even hair loss. Almost everything that some of you may be having a hard time dealing with in just one bottle. I believe this 40ml bottle is worth PHP250 which is around $6 to $7 only. They also have a 100ml bottle for only PHP500 which is around $12 to $13. If I'm not mistaken they do ship internationally so be sure to check them out on their Facebook account or even on Instagram: @zivine.organicsI recommend you try this out! It's perfectly safe and healthy for the skin, and I can attest to that! ;)


So basically here's what I usually do in the morning:
How about you? Have you tried any of these already?
Also, what's your favorite skincare product?

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions too. :)



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,