Bingsu experience


I was on a sorta mini reunion with my friends whom I have met in Aspen. After we had lunch and spent a few minutes walking in the mall, we all decided to have some dessert. Luckily, we saw this almost newly opened snow cafe at SM Megamall which is Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe! ♥



Photo credits to my friends for these Go Pro pictures

It was something I've been seeing photos of from other people before. But it was only until now that I was able to give it a try. My friend, Casey and I shared a large bowl of Chocolate Brownie bingsu while my other friend, Venice and her boyfriend, Rabi, shared a regular bowl of Mango Cheese bingsu.


For some of you who's not familiar with this, bingsu is actually a Korean shaved ice dessert which includes sweet toppings. In a way, I think it can be considered as a counterpart of Filipinos' halo-halo, a shaved ice dessert as well.

Furthermore, I have noticed is that their place was quite small and there were not enough tables and chairs. I don't know if it's because they're newly opened, but I still hope that their SM Megamall branch would be renovated. :) Nonetheless, we were still able to find some seats a few minutes right after we ordered.

When it comes to their desserts, I can say that you really get what you saw on the menu as well as what you paid for. The prices for bingsu ranges from PHP125 to PHP380 which is less than $10. It was definitely one of those cool and refreshing desserts which are perfect for a hot weather like today. Their serving was big enough to share with your family or friends. I think a regular bowl of bingsu can be shared by two persons while a large bowl of bingsu can be shared by three, depending on your appetite.


In case some of you are "LC" or "laway conscious," or in English, "saliva conscious," don't worry because they do serve some smaller bowls for each of you. It is also a good way of having to try the ones your friends ordered. Haha!

I have also noticed that their shaved ice was almost literally similar to snow which really justified the "snow experience" which they proclaim to have. It was way far from a regular shaved ice we are used to having. Also, one thing I loved about it is that it doesn't easily melt unless you mix it with a spoon.


Here's what I'm talking about ♥

For the chocolate brownie bingsu, you won't easily fed up since it's not super sweet. If I'm not mistaken, some of its ingredients were dark chocolate and it also has a whipped cream on top which helps in balancing its sweetness and taste.

For the toppings, I believe there were just enough brownies and almonds which I really love. When it comes to choosing a flavor, I always go for chocolate, and not to mention the fact that it's really one of the safest picks! As always. ♥

I think they had their first branch at BGC which is located on the 3rd floor of Bonifacio Stopover Pavillion, Corner 31st Street. I've never been there but based on the photos I saw from their Instagram account, it's quite bigger than their SM Megamall branch. Moreover, just last March, they opened up a branch at the 3rd floor of Lucky Chinatown Mall Annex in Binondo, Manila. And obviously, their SM Megamall branch has just opened recently and it is located on the 4th floor of Mega Fashion Hall along with their Makati branch which is located in front of SM Makati beside the entrance of Glorietta.

For those of you who's interested in trying their heavenly goodness desserts, you may check out their Instagram account at @hobingkoreandessertcafe as well as their Facebook page which is Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe.

What do you guys think of these desserts?
Feel free to comment down below. :)


Labels: